With most of our top ten teams clashing in the Heineken Cup or Amlin Challenge Cup there was going to be changes this week. Almost every team was on the move.
1. Saracens (Last Week: 2): It was narrow and controversial but the Saracens are through to the Heineken Cup semi-finals with a win over Ulster. They have a great shot at pulling the double this year.
2. Leinster (1): The boys from Dublin really had their sights set on European glory this year but it will have to waiter after losing to a strong Toulon side. Now they can focus on winning the RaboDirect Pro12.
3. Munster (3): They drew arguably the easiest opponent in the quarterfinals but it was still job done with a 47-23 win over Toulouse.
4. Toulon (4): Jonny Wilkinson and company could have easily moved up our rankings this week but the team’s ahead of them played well. They look like they are peaking at the right time.
5. Clermont (6): For all of their ups and downs this season Clermont still have a chance in Europe and in the Top 14.
6. Montpellier (5): The only team on our list not to play this last weekend.
7. Northampton (8): Yes, it was in the Amlin Challenge Cup but Northampton did what they needed to in a 28-14 win over Sale. Now to fix their league form.
8. Leicester (7): Losing to Clermont is nothing to be ashamed of but given how the Tigers have been playing as of late they would have liked to do more.
9. Bath (10): They absolutely destroyed Brive over the weekend. They have as good of chance as any to win the ACC. Still, they need to ensure they get in the Premiership playoffs.
10. Ulster (9): Jared Payne’s red card really hurt them against the Saracens. Focus now switches to doing well in the Rabo playoffs.