1. Leinster (Last Week: 2): The boys from Leinster have taken over the top spot in our rankings thanks to yet another win (28-25 over Glasgow) and a stumble from Munster. Leinster seem to be hitting their stride just at the right time.
2. Munster (1): Scarlets are a decent side but there is no reason that they should have beaten Munster last week. The loss now drops Munster to second in the race to finish first in the RaboDirect Pro12.
3. Northampton (4): The Saints still hold a very narrow margin as leaders in the Premiership but they are doing it with blowout wins. The latest win being a 39-13 demolition of Gloucester. They’ll want to carry over their top form into the LV= Cup and Europe.
4. Saracens (5): Almont identical to Northampton. They cost themselves a bonus point this last weekend over Bath but still won. The fact that Bath are third in the table just shows how much Northampton and Saracens have separated themselves from the rest of the Premiership.
5. Toulon (6): Toulon are back where they thought they would be at the start of the season—at the top of the Top 14 table. A huge 64-10 win over Oyonnax will do that.
6. Clermont (3): Will the real Clermont please stand up? A 26-16 loss to Bordeaux is not a good sign.
7. Ulster (8): It’s pretty clear at this point that it will probably be an Irish top three in the Rabo with Ulster being the third side. They were clinical against the Dragons last week.
8. Montpellier (7): A win over Stade Francais will help them in the table. They need to find consistency, though.
9. Leicester (NR): After enduring some rough patches it looks like the Tigers are finally rounding into form.
10. Stade Francais (9): The loss to Montpellier is another set-back for the club that is now in a real fight for the playoffs.