With Europe mostly taking a break we thought we’d give our Euro Club Top Ten rankings a week off and instead bring you Super Rugby rankings!
1. Sharks: The Sharks are the only team in the competition at 4-0. They defeated the Reds 35-20 over the weekend. That is a solid victory.
2. Chiefs: Along with the Sharks the Chiefs are the only undefeated team. Their win over the Stormers pushed their record to 3-0. The Stormers may be struggling but it was still a nice win.
3. Brumbies: Their 28-23 win over the Waratahs was huge for the side. After their first week loss they have now won three in a row.
4. Waratahs: The loss to the Brumbies will hurt but there is no question they are a resurgent team this year.
5. Reds: The Reds are still trying to figure themselves out. If they don’t improve on their tour of South Africa they could be in trouble.
6. Lions: Who would have pegged the Lions to be at 3-2 only five games into the season? The Blues aren’t the team they once were but credit to the Lions for pulling the narrow 39-36 win out.
7. Bulls: The Bulls had the weekend off.
8. Crusaders: That’s now two in a row for a team that lost their first two.
9. Force: The Force have done a lot to improve this season and have won two in a row, albeit over bottom clubs.
10. Blues: Will the Blues ever return to their former glory?
11. Hurricanes: Dropping 60 on the Cheetahs was pretty good. If they can keep that up they might just have a season to be proud of.
12. Highlanders: Hey, at least they were close to beating the Force. However, this isn’t horseshoes and close doesn’t count.
13. Stormers: If they thought last season was bad this year is turning into a season from hell.
14. Cheetahs: They are one of only two teams to play five matches yet they are the first with four losses.
15. Rebels: Is it too early to look forward to next year?